(Balls to the Wall Series, Bk #2)
By Tara Lain
Renowned artist Rodney Mansfield stands five foot six, has pink hair, six earrings, a black belt in karate—and a desperate yearning for firefighter Hunter Fallon. But Rod, the Runtback of Notre Dame, knows he’ll never land the beautiful “straight gay” guy, so Rod musters his altruism and helps his more masculine friend Jerry attract Hunter. As if a broken heart wasn’t enough, Rod saves Hunter from a firehouse homophobe—humiliating Hunter in front of his dad!
Hunter lives a dream life—his father’s dream. While he’d like to teach literature in college, read poetry in the sun, and find a strong guy to top him, he fights fires for his dad. Hunter hates flamboyant guys like Rodney. So why can’t he resist him? Maybe it’s time to admit this is one flame he has no desire to put out.
• As a very small child I lived up the hill from the Washington, DC National Zoo and walking through the zoo was one of my family’s big activities. As a result, I love almost all animals and know a lot about them.
• Among the critters I love are snakes. I respect them but don’t consider them creepy or horrible. I’ll spend a long time in the reptile house at the San Diego zoo while my honey waits outside! LOL.
• I’ve studied and practiced yoga for many years off and on and consider it to be one of the things that’s made the biggest difference in my life—learning perspective, how to have a mind without being my mind, and tapping into the mysteries of the universe.
• I’ve been a practitioner of holistic health – integrative health actually – for decades, and have used nutrition, vitamins, herbs, chiropractic and naturopathic medicine to keep me healthy long before those things were popular
• I’m a cat person – but I have a dog. She’s a Papillon, which is a very catlike dog. She even licks her paw and wipes her face with it like a cat. Since my honey is allergic to cats, my dog is a good compromise.
• I’ve traveled a lot of places. It’s easier to talk about the places I’ve missed than the ones I’ve been to there are so many. I started as an army brat living in Europe and then in Asia, and that set the precedent. I still have trips on my bucket list, but sure love the places I’ve been. I include them in my books sometimes.
There are a few little know facts. Better known is the fact that I live near the beautiful beach town of Laguna Beach, CA. and love setting books there. I hope you love Fire Balls!